The Institute of Islamic Banking and Finance incorporated with the Government of Andhra Pradesh at Hyderabad, India under Public Societies Registration Act 1995 is the country’s maiden attempt at institutionalizing education at all levels in the field of Islamic Economics, Banking and Finance.
The Institute is a Not for Profit, Equal opportunity, professional educational research and training institution totally independent, non affiliated to any university nor accredited to retain complete academic autonomy and intellectual independence regarding course content, methodology and orientation.
A number of universities from India and abroad approach the Institute requesting to affiliate and get the Diploma included in the courses offered by them or to offer franchise. The Institute does not accept such requests to retain it’s independence.
The Dean has the sole discretionary power to design, modify, alter the course content, method of delivery of course curriculum with suggestions from distinguished faculty and an academic council.
The primary objectives of the Institute are;
- To design and offer exclusive and customized in-house training programs for team members, staff, executives and management of functioning as well
as start up organizations.
- To impart education and training to students desirous of getting acquainted with the laws of Islamic Economics, Banking and Finance through distance
- To organize Executive Development Programs (EDPs) for working executives from India and abroad.
- To conduct lectures, conferences and seminars on subjects related to Islamic Banking and Finance.
- To invite Indian and foreign experts as guest faculties to conduct specialized training programs.
- To discuss, negotiate and finalize tie-ups with Indian and foreign universities, professional bodies, similar institutes and organizations to promote and further strengthen the Islamic financial system.
- To organize educational and informative tours to various countries, to attend seminars, lectures and conferences on the subject of Islamic Banking and
- To edit and publish a weekly, monthly, quarterly or annual journal of Islamic Banking and Finance and also research papers, extracts from
journals and gazettes.